Saturday, January 20, 2007

Seven Sisters



Joel & Amanda came up last Sunday afternoon and suggested that we take a hike up the Seven Sisters. I was game and the three of us were able to convince Dan to take a break from football and join us. I've driven by the hills many times as it's less than 10 miles away, so it was fun to actually climb up them. I did a google search and found that the 7 hills were indeed formed by glaciers. The highest point is 200 ft above Lake Christina. There are many rare plants on the hills. I'd like to go back in the spring or summer to check them out. Inspiration Peak is located directly behind us in this photo and has the honor of being the second highest point in Mn at 1,725 ft. Do you know where the highest point is located???

1 comment:

jen said...

Cool pictures!! I have no idea what the highest point in MN is-are you going to tell us in a future blog? Hope you had a great weekend!

Jen