Saturday, April 18, 2009

So Happy it's Spring

We're having a lazy Saturday morning-drinking coffee-watching the Soup-browsing the internet.  Soon we are heading outside to clean out the garage and other spring clean up chores such as raking, lots and lots of branches.   Kind of a cool cloudy day but I can't complain after the weather we've had this week.   I have a lot of Easter pictures to share when I get around to downloading them.  Hope you have a nice weekend!
I am in love with lambs ears.  I have a hard time keeping them around.  Last fall, I planted a few and hope they will come up this spring.  They are a beautiful compliment to so many flowers in arrangements.  This color combination with the vase is gorgeous.

On Thursday, we heard the first loons of the season.  Dan heard them in the morning and I heard them after school.  We haven't spotted them yet but we know they're out there.  

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hi Laurie,
I was just on the Tracy Porter blog and saw that you were from Minnesota. Me, too! I clicked on your name to find this lovely web-site. I will have to explore more, but just wanted to say hello and tell you how beautiful your photos are and the writing is inspiring. Time to get outside!
Have a happy weekend!

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

Hi Laurie, we love Lambs ear too! They grow everywhere here and the twins love to touch them.

We are excited to see you soon!

Tha Hallorans