Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Blogging

 Some pictures for my non-Facebook friends.  Facebook and Pinterest have definitely cut into my blog, sad to say.  I snapped a picture of my Feb tablescape which is now down, getting ready for a natural mossy look which I'm sure the cats will enjoy!

 These bookmarks are awfully fun and easy to make.  I made one for all 52 of my 5th graders and also some of my coworkers.  I slipped a valentine note and piece of chocolate inside.  I am still making some that I will be sending out in the mail this week.  Kinda late, oh well!

More corner bookmarks.
A necklace I made for Lynn.  I need to find more typewriter keys!
I used to love this green wool sweater but then one day I accidentally washed it and it shrunk.  I hung onto it for a someday project and finally decided to make fingerless gloves.  I washed or felted the wool a couple more times, cut the sleeves off, cut a hole for the thumb, added a blanket stitch, felt flower and now they're perfect ipad or texting gloves.  I still have lots of green left, thinking of other possibilities....
Maisy enjoys the sunshine

I sewed some new curtains for the bathroom, here's the before and...

here's the after.  I love this print in wallpaper and this will do for now.

 These matches look much prettier after their facelift.

 I found this sign at Yesterdays, in the Shabby Chic isle-LOVE it.

 The red shelf is not my usual style but I really like it.
This vintage necklace was found at the Bargain Bazaar for just 50 cents!
I think I will get much use out of it.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I recall seeing that 4-H sign at Yesterdays. I nearly bought it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you didn't!! Laurie