Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finds & Dumpster Treasures

I purchased this side table at Goodwill for $18. After a few coats of white paint it was ready. I like that it has 3 different levels for all my stuff and a cute little drawer. The other one had two drawers but but no shelves so I just threw all my reading materials on the floor, where it would grow and grow.
This basket was at the Salvation Army and I thought the ticket was going to be around $20 and would have passed but at $6.80 (strange price!) I couldn't resist. It's in perfect condition, twice as big as a normal picnic basket and will be handy for storing something. I took a picture of some other baskets I have and you can see it will look nice with the other green one I have.
And last, the dumpster find- this nice bird feeder. There were two of them and there's nothing wrong with them. I pulled them out with a hoe, so I wouldn't have to be a literal dumpster diver. Many birds will be able to feed from them at one time this winter and probably a squirrel or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the basket. There's so many things you can do with it. Ann

bigeyedchick said...

Love your bedside table, Laurie!