Saturday, October 2, 2010

W.C. Russell Moccasin Boots




Today I was wearing my boots when we were cutting and hauling prickly ash trees. I love these boots and got them over a year ago at the Bargain Bazaar for $2. Anyway, when I was taking them off I noticed a tag on the tongue that I had never paid attention to before. It said WC Russell, Berlin Wisconsin. The sole says Avon so I assumed that was the brand when I purchased them. So, this evening I did a little research online and discovered that I own a handmade pair of vintage moccasin boots. It's a family owned company that has been around for over a century. New boots go for about $400 and I have no idea how much mine would have sold for. I did find a couple on ebay for $75-150 but they were a little different. I have never heard of this company before, have you? www.russellmoccasin.com Now that I know the history behind my boots, I appreciate them even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great find at the Bargain Bazaar, and what a price! That must be your best find yet! Ann

Karen said...

I have never heard of the at brand but....WOW! great find!