Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kris's fancy chickens...

Aren't they pretty?
The speckled black hens are my favorite.
They are tame and come to Kris when she calls, especially for treats.
Kris said that if you are carrying a white bag, they will all come running to you. Tami, who isn't a big fan of chickens, learned this the hard way. I'd better warn Mom.
There are a couple of handsome roosters in the flock.

They produce about 2 dozen eggs per day. Ironically, Kris and Gary don't eat eggs, so she is very generous with them. She sent me home with this carton. I liked that they even came with some straw and the colors are wonderful.I got home and fried some eggs for lunch! I thought Odin's party was today, but was a week early. Kris and I had coffee together instead and I had fun taking pictures of her gorgeous chickens. See you again next Saturday, Kris!

No comments: