Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fur-Comparison shopping

You've seen these furs before on my blog. I purchased all three for less than $10 at the Salvation Army in Fergus. They have satin lining and the red one has a little hook and eye closure.
So, we were in Las Vegas for fun a couple of weeks ago and this window at Oscar De la Renta stopped me dead in my tracks. It is in the Wynn/Encore passage-way shops. I had to know how much they were asking so I went inside and had someone helping me within 10 seconds because you rarely see people inside these shops. The guy asked if I'd like to try it on and of course I did. I noticed that it had a silk or satin lining and hook and eye closure just like one of my furs does. It had a ribbon tie that I thought was very pretty and I believe he said it was mink. I took a look at the price tag and it was $3,000!!
The fur that Shari has on is the most similar to this one. I will probably take the red bow off of it. Sometimes I do wear these at home, when it's really cold it's kind of cozy to have one around your shoulders. They also look nice on wool coats with plain collars, maybe my leather coat too.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Did you tell the guy yours were much less expensive?

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't say a word about mine as I didn't think they would be that interested in my good deals. :)

Anonymous said...

You could simply have commented that you already had three of these at home and this one was just too
similar so you would just have to leave it at the store. Play with these people Laurie. Have some fun. Kris