Monday, August 1, 2011

Items found and created

I rescued this from the dumpster, any creative ideas for its use? It's sitting on the floor in my pantry presently, holding extra bags and some food. It doesn't really fit in there so I'm trying to think of something else.
Last week I was just delighted to find this book at the Fergus Goodwill. I even paid $1.99 for it, which is high for a thrift store book. It's about a woman who reads to a bear in the woods and even though he doesn't understand the words, he loves being read to and she loves reading aloud. The message is the joy reading aloud and being read to brings to anyone. I will be reading this one to my 5th and 6th graders and will join the other picture books I leave out just for fun.
Look at the beautiful illustrations. When I was paging through it on the way home in the car, Dan even commented on how nice it was.

Here's my most recent mini clipboard re-do. I was lucky to find a pack of Amy Butler paper at the dollar store, it was more than a dollar but very worth it as I just love her style.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the Clip board. I redid several clip boards last summer with some pretty scrapbook paper also. Makes them so much prettier.

The pictures in the book are wonderful.