Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Inspiration Peak

I could sit up here for hours....

Dan and Mike
The Hallorans came up this weekend. It was a beautiful and chilly weekend, perfect for a hike up to Inspiration Peak. Our first trip there this summer and we usually get there once a summer. It always fun to go with someone who's never been up there before and this was the case with the Hallorans.
The twins are in first grade now. One had a splint and the other a walking cast so tubing was not an option even if the weather would have allowed.
I should have made Dan take his glasses off so we could see his pretty brown eyes.

Danette and I had a great time on Saturday thrifting at the Bargain Bazaar and then scored at a big antique rummage sale nearby. I love this time of year. If only fall could last a little longer than it usually does. Maybe this year. We have a TON of acorns dropping this year, more than ever before. I'm going to google what that means. I'll let you know.... That reminds me I'm trying out a new acorn and wool craft. Should be able to finish it this weekend and will post.

I should also mention that today was just a fantastic first day of school. One of the smoothest I think I've ever had. I hope this is a sign of things in store for the year. However, I am reminded how fast the day goes when I'm at school and there aren't enough hours left in the day for all the other things I like to do, like sit around and drink coffee for an hour or more thinking about what I might do. :) Just in case you are thinking I am totally lazy, I did get the ceilings painted in the kitchen and dining room last week. We had to put a new light fixture in the kitchen and that was my impetus. It looks much brighter now. Will post a photo eventually. Good night!

1 comment:

bigeyedchick said...

Laurie~I've never been to the top of Inspiration Peak and I've lived here 22 years! I'm a terrible procrastinator!