Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back in the classroom

We had the 5th grade orientation this morning.  Things went well but I was a little disappointed with schedule changes and changes to my class list, things that I can't control.  I'm sure there will be more, oh well, be flexible or break they say.   I've had quite a few iPad meetings and a staffing that have forced me to go back to school early so I decided since I was there I may as well start setting up the room a wall at a time.  I am really enjoying putting the room back together.  These pictures are from Monday and today after orientation, a couple other walls are looking ready to go to.

This thrift store lampshade was a find this summer and worked nicely with a base I've had for a few months.  Laurel gave me some vintage classroom goodies last year and the schoolgirl figurine seems to be happy in this spot.  


2 comments:

bigeyedchick said...

She looks cute there by your lamp! :)

bigeyedchick said...

I showed Gracie your pictures and she said, "Awww... I miss her classroom."