Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fun finds & Flowers

Kris found this darling Fire-King grease pot for Shari at the Hoffman rummage sales.  Mom and I shopped together there all morning and we both found some fun things.  For 20 cents I found another Russ Barrie statue for Shari's collection.  I also found some great classroom movies that go with some of my novel units-hopefully will have time to watch them.  I bought a Ouiji board for just a quarter, you never see those anymore and I wonder if they might be collectible? It was the last Downton Abby episode that made me snap that up.  Are you watching Downton Abby on PBS yet?  If not, you need to.  Mom got some good things too, a Dept 56 Firehouse for her Christmas collection, just a dollar and a box full of village accessories for 50 cents.  She was also very pleased to find an old collector plate from the Hoffman milkman who used to pick up our milk and deliver butter.  Do you remember Ingemar?  There was more but those are the highlights.

 These salmon colored geraniums on the top photo came from Jackson over a year ago.  They didn't do much for either Ann or me last summer but I kept mine alive over the winter and this summer they have been doing very well.  I love the flower and foliage.
 These old fashioned flowers are happy in a tub I rescued from the grainery on the farm.
I love hanging planters even though they need to be watered more often.  The hummingbirds are going crazy at our house right now.  Two almost shot right into me as they raced each other around the corner of the house.  They're so territorial so I try to keep the feeders spread out.

1 comment:

bigeyedchick said...

I think an Ouija board would be a fun decoaration for Halloween! I've been wanting one too!

Laurel :)