Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cute idea

Here's a cute idea I found on the web, embellishing old blocks, aren't they cute?  It would be a good way to use up pretty scrapbook paper and odds and ends of stickers.  I don't happen to have any blocks at the moment but will keep my eyes open.  Pictures from old school books would work great here too.
I got up early this morning.  The lake is fairly calm so we are going to take the boat in as soon as Dan is ready.  It sounds like they need help at the old Bargain Bazaar so after that I will volunteer for a couple of hours and later in the afternoon we are bringing the jet ski to Mom and Dad's for winter storage.   Wednesday evening was absolutely beautiful so I took the kayak out for about an hour.  I need to do that more often-it's so peaceful.

We have 4 weeks of school under our belt and things are settling into a very nice routine.   I can actually get out at a decent time and feel like there is a life outside of school again.  We have a new math program that is web based and it works great with my digital projector in my classroom, the kids really pay attention!  You can post assignments for kids to do at home online or just share their learning with parents.  Most of my students have home computers or can use our public library computers.  Big changes in education!  Have a good weekend.

No comments: