Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall Flowers/Birch

Before all the rain this weekend, I cut some fall flowers and decided to put them in a birch sleeve that I found in the woods behind Royce and Lynn's house.   Originally, I thought it would be a nice candle wrap but like this idea better since it won't catch on fire!  So, after I did this little project, guess what I see in Pottery Barn....birch sleeves selling for $12 & $18!  I plan to use them all winter and think they will look pretty with Christmas decor.   In case you are wondering there is a vase hidden inside the birch sleeve.
I have to keep the arrangement in the bathroom as I'm afraid the cats will knock it over. Here's a close-up, all the flowers are real except for one big fake white mum. The rest of the flowers consist of autumn joy sedum (which is now turning a lovely red) hosta flowers and leaves, hydrangea, wild purple and yellow flowers and one leftover orange mum from a farmers market bouquet that Dan brought home a couple of weeks ago. 
I plant to make another fall bouquet totally out of dried and silks so that I can have it out on the table and put it in another birch wrap.  I love the birch and need to ask Royce to keep an eye out for more of them.  I'm sure he has nothing better to do. :) Baby #2 is due any day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the birch sleeve, Send me one!
Miss ya,
Danette

Anonymous said...

Oh..!! That's a great idea to put flowers in birch sleeve.