Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rearranging & Estate sales

I got a wild hair and decided to move furniture around.  Dan was willing to help so it was fairly quickly.  We moved the dining room table to the living room in front of the bay window.  The red chair went to the corner of the living room which was empty before.  The love seat and coffee table are sitting in the spot where the dining room table used to be.  Everything seems more spacious and it's fun to change things up now and then.  Not sure if we'll keep it this way come winter when we will try to use the fireplace again but for now, we like it.

I predict this corner chair will be the coveted cat napping spot.
Way to put a positive spin on that!
I got this little pillow at an estate sale this morning.  I was invited to the pre-sale last night but no, I was too busy taking a nap.  I should have gone, there were ton's of fun items left today and I can't imagine what I would have found last night, but maybe it's just as well.  I went home with a nice variety of items too numerous to start naming.  I also got to see a very lovely house on Pelican Lake near Ashby which recently sold thus the estate sale.  After that, I headed into town and bought some plants at the hardware store and meat and cheese at Ashby produce-love that place.  Then I swung by the cemetery to see if the asparagus was up and yes, it was!  Enough to scramble with some eggs and my new garlic cheese from Ashby produce-yummy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks nice. Now I can sit on your couch and watch you slave in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to try something new, Gary always says he can tell when the seasons change, as I rearrange the rooms also. I think it liiks great. Kris

Anonymous said...

Doesn't make sense, but hey it's your house.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,

I like it a lot-it's like having a great room and then your dining room. I can see having a nice dinner on a snowy evening with a fire going-very romantic!
Charice

Laurie said...

We've lived with it for 24 hours now and still like it so I think it will stay this way for awhile. Another nice thing is that the big area rug is out of the dining room and we can see more Pergo which makes it seem cleaner.
Thanks for the mainly positive responses! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! And that takes care of the argument of the TV in the sitting room :-) Deb