Saturday, September 4, 2010

Decorating Advice Requested

I've had this pine hutch for almost 15 years. I purchased it at Arnquists while they still had the Hoffman store. I miss that place. Anyway, I ordered it with a whitewash finish and I'm tired of that look. It just looks blah there. I still love the piece, just want to paint it. I think black would work OR maybe a deep red with black brushed over it to antique it. Becky, you have a red piece that I just love in your LR, do you think that would work here? What color is your big hutch in your living room? Does anyone have any other ideas? It has wood knobs, I could change those too. Please tell me what you think! The wall behind it is a neutral olive green. Maybe you think I should leave it, you can tell me that too. :)

8 comments:

Karen said...

I would have thought black but the more I look at the picture-how about a mustard color?

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of black, shows dust too much, but the red or the mustard would be nice. (Maybe, however you like to dust more than I. Kris

Emmy Cat said...

Definitely emerald green to match my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I like Emmy Cat's idea of green, but not emerald green. How about a sage green antiqued with a gold? Ann

Anonymous said...

I like it just the way it is.It looks great. Had a fun Labor Day. Am still working with tomatoes.They are just about done and so are my cucumbers.I have squash left and then I can retire my garden.

Jody said...

Hey Laurie, how about a rosy red color like some of the flowers in the couch or chair fabric that you can see in the picture?

Anonymous said...

My thought would be to go with a french gray...

Laurie said...

I'm partial to black yet, but yes, dust is definitely a factor to think about. Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate the comments!! Will let you know when I do something!