Saturday, September 4, 2010

Decorating for Fall

It definitely feels like fall and yesterday I went to my fall decorating tub and started pulling out a few things. Last year I wasn't able to decorate for fall due to the remodeling. This year I'm enjoying it again. Here are a few things that I've done so far.
I worked at the BB for a couple of hours last week and picked up an old frame for 75 cents. I framed a vintage butterfly picture from a calendar and that was it, no painting or anything.
The fireplace mantel has been pretty nature themed for the past year. Most of the white pottery came from a Hibbing rummage sale a year ago. The one on the left is one that Mom gave me.
This basket was a little boring until I placed a black fall serving tray underneath. I love those vintage trays, so functional!
I put the seashells away and replaced it with this. It needs a lace runner or something as it looks a little bare. The leaves are a little fake but I can live with it.
The candle on the left is battery operated and has a very realistic glow. The one on the right is from Sue Miller's wedding. They had them on the tables and she let us take one home. Did you get one Charice? They're kind of a fire hazard, so I use with great caution. I would never burn this one so close to that ribbon. I love birch accents. The embossed metal leaf holds a tealight and I got it at a rummage sale years ago. Would never actually burn that here either!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I did most of my fall decorating last weekend as I knew this weekend would be to busy for it. Usually I put it all out in one day and then spend the next week tweaking the layout. I just visited a friend tonight who says she never decorates for any other season than Christmas. She still has some decorations from last Christmas still out. In her defense, they have a lake home near Clitherall and spend a lot of time up there so home time is usually work, mowing lawn or laundry.