Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

I have had a total of 41 first days of school! Wow. Today was definitely one of the exceptional ones. If it was another one of your first days today, I hope it was a good one for you too.
One of nice things that happened today was finding out that my student aid for the entire year is a former first grade student. Sarah is a senior now and she was ready to start today. She is such a hard worker and so efficient. I had an awesome student aid last year but I had to share her. This year I have Sarah all to myself. It makes a big difference in my day.
I had a meeting after school at the BB. I'm helping with the November Style Show. Met Mary for birthday coffee after that and a fun little birthday exchange. She's keeping very busy in her retirement but I know today was not easy for her.
I stopped at the library too and was very excited to see that The Reading Zone by Nancie Atwell was waiting for me, can't wait to start that tonight. Our book club selection this month is Alice I Have Been, about the real life model for Alice in Wonderland. That's all I know about that one. Well, I'd better plan out tomorrow and then start reading. Thanks for the decorating advice-I hope I will get a few more comments.(Annette and Becky I appreciate your advice via email.) I am doing nothing for now. :) Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great first day! Ann