Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finally-new pictures!

The living room (fireplace room) is almost finished. You can see the olive green paint I just finished this afternoon. After this, I painted more blue in the laundry room. The laundry room might just end up being my favorite room in the house. And how could I forget-our laminate floors in Brazilian Cherry. I think they look pretty real and seem fairly easy to maintain so far. These floors go all the way down to the TV room and we decided to put it in the closet area off the laundry and bathroom too. Less carpeting for the cats to puke on.
This room makes Dan feel very happy. He has a big screen TV and finally after waiting 22 years, leather furniture. We need a rug here and to the right I plan to hang a collage of vintage frames and photo's. Is there such a thing as modern Italian? I think this is the look we are after.
Here's the shower. Yes, I know I wasn't going to show you until it was done. We went with subway white as the glass blue was $20 per square foot! Yikes!! We're keeping it clean and simple in the shower.
This picture shows you what our paneled walls will look like in the dining room and fireplace room. They look a little rough as they are just primed once. I'm thinking about keeping the yellow in this area as it flows nicely into the green in the FP room.
Here's the floor we selected for the bathroom. It will go on the shower floor too. It should work well with the black vanity. We bought a light blue paint for the walls in the bathroom. I'm hoping it will come out a grey blue but you never know until you get it up. I think that will be a Sunday afternoon painting project.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome! Dano will need a squeegee for that shower! Can't wait to see your decorating touches once it's all done.

Anonymous said...

So exciting! Thanks for the pics! Deb

Martha said...

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!! LOVE EVERYTHING!

Anonymous said...

lOOKS GREAT!Don't how you do get all that done. Can't wait to see the finished product.Wish I could help in some way. You have been such a help to me.