Sunday, October 4, 2009

I did it!!

I worked my nerve up and painted the door black. I really like it and didn't tell Dan just to see if he'd notice. It only took him a few hours to notice and he loved it. I was going to paint our address numbers under the window section but I think I will look for some cool metal ones instead. This entry will be surrounded with paneling 5 feet high and I haven't decided if I will paint or wallpaper the wall above. I plan to have some hooks running along the paneling for bags and coats-maybe a little bench underneath. You can see they repaired all the cracks in the ceiling and we will have a new light too.
This is the bathroom. The sink will go on the left. We STILL need to order the tile and had better soon or it will stall the progress in the bathroom. This decision is stressing me out.
This is the laundry room. Isn't it charming?!
I took a picture of my new birdfeeder. Remember this Kris? I bought two of them this summer and added hooks so I could hang them. They're so rustic and durable-the birds love them. Can you see the nuthatch inside? Speaking of nuthatches, I saw a little rust breasted nuthatch last weekend! I only see them once every year or two and they are SOOO cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on your house. It's soo cool to see all the progress! I know everyone is anxious to see the final product..not more than you though.lol. Deb

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

The door looks awesome!