Sunday, January 10, 2010

Around the house in January

The oaks around here were covered with moss in November so I harvested some of it. I saved it in a plastic baggie in the fridge for almost 2 months and decided I'd better do something with it. I'm sure there will be more of it this spring, so let me know if you'd like some. It's nice to add to your shady pots and helps to retain moisture too. We really do have a ton of it and it is very expensive to buy at a greenhouse.
I painted yesterday in the new hallway. It needs another coat today and you can see I did a collage of NYC pictures above.
I did a little more decorating here with the addition of the candelabra and jewelry holder on the wall. This area has become a catch-all spot for me and that is why I cropped out the messy table in front.
I'll be painting the wainscot on both sides of the French doors today. It was fun to display some Christmas cards and photo's on the doors and looks especially pretty in the evening when the garland is lit up.
I picked up some cheerful primroses at Trader Joe's on the way home from Jim & Shelly's. How could I resist at only $2.29 each?! They love cold temperatures so it's perfect for our house right now. The indoor variety do not re-bloom inside but the internet said that if I store them in a dark cool spot they may survive outside as a perennial. It's worth a shot.

No comments: