Monday, January 25, 2010

Stormy Monday & other stuff


So, Dan & David were right about the Vikings last night. It was still a very entertaining game and I bit my thumbnails right down in the 4th qtr. It was fun to watch Farve this season and I have the feeling we won't be so lucky next year-the poor man is getting pretty beat up. It was a very fun evening at the neighbors-what a spread they set out!

Today I was surprised to find that the weather turned my inservice day into a snow day. I'm not complaining-it was wonderful to have an unexpected 3 day weekend in January. The kids will not arrive until 10 tomorrow giving us a couple of hours to submit grades. It will be a short week! Yeah! The Christmas tree is now down and I put all the tubs away so the other bedroom upstairs is clean and waiting to be decorated. I spent a lot of time reading "Loving Frank" for bk club this month, which is about Frank Lloyd Wright's love affair-very interesting so far! Dan and I visited his Oak Park home and studio on our first trip to Chicago. It's a beautiful place.

The following picture is one that I found on a former student's FB page. I actually taught all the kids in this family in second grade. Both the girls live in New Zealand now and I love this frame-have you seen anything like it before? What a clever idea!!




No comments: