Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finds...

So, here is my floral jacket, that Ethel Love from Traverse City sewed many years ago. I'd guess it's from the 50's or 60's?? She stitched a little "made by" tag inside that I think adds to the charm. I picked this up for about $5. I wore it around the house yesterday just to see if I could imagine myself wearing it in public. Maybe in the spring/summer with capris and sandals. It has buttons up the front and two handy pockets. Wait 'til you see the brown fur trimmed coat I got with Amanda at Goodwill!
I haven't had a lot of luck lately at the Bargain Bazaar, which is a good thing, since I'm trying to reduce clutter. However, I don't feel guilty buying items that are useful. These shelves were $1 apiece. I knew they would work great in the pantry but thought I might need to paint them. Well, the color works perfectly and makes them look old too, which they are not. Aren't they charming? I also picked up a pair of black Isotoner gloves in perfect condition for 75 cents.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my word your house belongs in a magazine and so do YOU!!
Becky

Laurie said...

Becky-it's so nice to see your comments on my blog. You must have a google account now-fun!! I took the tree down, well, Dan helped too. It looks sad and barren in that spot now. I am leaving the garland up between the LR and TV room for another month. It's nice to have the lights.

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

I LOVE the jacket and those shelves are awesome!