Monday, May 14, 2007

Rally Night

After our morning at Pearl Harbor we had lunch on the beach. Our nifty little wristbands let us order whatever our hearts desired, with the exception of alcohol at breakfast and lunch. This was not a problem. :) After lunch we found a spot on the beach to soak up the sun for a couple of hours and then walked down Waikiki, looked for shells, there were none. I did find some coral, nothing to write home about. We took a dip in the ocean and it wasn't too cold. Then it was time to get ready for "Rally Night!"
"I can't believe you're taking my picture!"
Each group had their special colored shirts to wear and hats. Most people skipped the hats. We also had bangers so that our group could make a lot of noise. There were noisemakers and flashing necklaces on the tables for us to wear. After dinner, each group put on all their stuff and paraded down to the stage for some cheering and finally some singing entertainment. Each group was introduced and then you yelled and banged with whatever you had to show your spirit. It was an interesting night. Here is Dan making some noise with the consumer deposits group. One group got flamingo glasses and funky headbands. Many left them so being the frugal teacher that I am, I scooped up as many as I could carry back with me for my class or nieces and nephews to have fun with. I couldn't just leave them laying there, could I?!!
Here's the stage and Waikiki Beach is just behind it. Monday -Wednesday dinner/entertainment events were held here at Fort DeRussy. It was a great spot and the weather was nice all three evenings.
There were interesting birds all over our hotel, including penguins, yes non-native penguins. Sometimes it was hard to tell which birds belonged and which decided to just hang out there. At all the restaurants we dined at little birds would fly right in sometimes hop up on a nearby chair or stroll along the ground looking for crumbs. It seemed weird at first but you got used to it. They seemed to be house-trained as I never saw one have an accident.

No comments: