Friday, May 4, 2007

Yummy!

Have you tried this? It's very yummy! Shari introduced it to me about a year ago. It was recommended to her by Giada. It's like chocolate peanut butter. You can pick it up at specialty stores or believe it or not...Super Walmart for about $3.50. It's good on toast, English muffins and rolled into a croissant and baked.
Do you like my toaster cover? I picked it up at a rummage sale and added the ribbon and tiny ball trim.
It's been raining here all day and the grass and perennials are just loving it. I am predicting that we are going to return to a jungle next Saturday morning. We leave for Hawaii on Monday. I have almost everything ready for my sub. I have an excellent one so I have no worries. Tomorrow I'm going into my classroom to tidy up some and do a little last minute planning. I think I over-planned so I'm going to take some things off the piles. We have someone to check on the cats and it's not going to be THAT long. I need to spend some time researching Hawaii and packing of course. Nancy, I will be calling you.
Also, I got the first great rummage sale purchase of the season after school today....a beautiful baker's rack for $15! I couldn't believe that was all they wanted. I'm going to see if Mom would like it for Mother's Day. She has been looking for a microwave stand for quite awhile and I think this will be perfect. If not, it can always be a potting stand in the garage. The rummage sale isn't until next Friday, but the owner let me come tonight to have a sneak peak!
That's all for now...have a good weekend! Laurie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is nutella really good for you? Nancy

Laurie said...

Well, I have read that hazelnuts are good for you but I guess I wouldn't consider it a health food.

Laurie said...

I looked at the label and I see it's not very good for you. It says no trans fats but it does have some partially hydrogenated oil which is a bad thing. 1 TBS is 100 calories.

Anonymous said...

Giada knows what she's talking about. Nutella is good stuff!