Monday, October 15, 2007

Dumpster Diving

Look at what I found in the dumpster by our house the other day. I can't believe that someone threw this away! Well, it's Joey's good fortune since it's going to his house in a couple of weeks. Everything works including the pedals and levers for the loader. How much do these things cost in stores, $50 bucks or so?
Just something funny and something pretty for you to look at. Most of our fall color is on the ground. Only a couple of stubborn oaks are hanging onto their leaves. It will be nice to get all those leaves cleaned up early November more than likely. It is quite cold and rainy today, pretty much like yesterday except much more rain today. I was filling up the feeders and the cutest little rust breasted nuthatch(that doesn't sound right) landed right at my feet looking for fallen seeds. He wasn't scared of me at all and I thought of the pair we had one winter in Morris. They would perch right on your finger if you held your hand by the feeder. I have been noticing one or two at the feeders this fall and since they don't migrate maybe we'll see them all winter. They are not very common. They are darling little birds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long are you planning to stay in that dumpster? Post something new!!