Monday, October 8, 2007

Fall Decorating

Last year I didn't do a lot of fall decorating so I'm making up for it this year. So far, it's just been indoors since my flowers are still alive outside and I don't have the heart to dump them out until they die on their own. My window boxes are still full of impatiens and if they make it through this evening I should have them for another week! Yeah! After they die, I let the window boxes sit empty for a few weeks until I load them with greens for Christmas/winter.
Our neighbors have a lot of bittersweet. They almost killed it a couple of years ago by spraying but luckily it came back. Very little down on the point and if we ever get a calm day in the near future I will take my kayak out and check out another spot that's usually quite productive. You can only reach it by boat. It's a thin strip of land between a marsh and the lake.


3 comments:

jen said...

I love your fall decorations, Laurie!

Anonymous said...

DItto

Anonymous said...

DItto