Thursday, November 1, 2007

New Camera

Here are the first pictures using my new camera, a Fuji FinePix 550. My Olympus camera that I've had for the last 5 years or so was becoming very inconsistent and it was time to update my megapixels anway. So now I have 6.5 instead of 3 and more zoom too. It was easy to pick out as we used our credit card points and there were only 2 to choose from.
How do you like my new rug? Kind of cozy and homespun, right? It's braided wool, in excellent shape and definitely hand-made. Can you guess where I found this....yes, the dumpster. Not just one, but three of them! I found a spot for all of them. Again, why would anyone just throw them? Even Dan likes them although he shook his head when I told him where they came from. I think they are valuable.
Here's another project that I plan to sell for the Humane Society, a decorated mini clipboard.
And here is Dan bringing home dinner the other night, pizza. So, do you think my photo's look better? I don't think I'll be able to tell until I print some out or try to crop or enlarge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new camera.I think the pictures are very clear.went tyo Grace Ball's 90th birthday party today. She looks great. Have the 5th off. I love having Monday's off. Think that all work days should start on Tues. Guess I am ready to retire. Like your rugs. We never have dumpsters like that here.

jen said...

Hi Laurie-
I think the pictures are great! We took Courtney to ice skating lessons and then went to see the 'Bee' movie matinee. It was a fun day! Hope you had a nice time in the Cities.

Jen

Anonymous said...

those rugs are great, I remember my Grandma Bauman making them by hand from old wool pants and jackets. Seems like they never wear out!
SS