Saturday, February 9, 2008

Home for the weekend


We are here....

wish we were there!

We decided to stay put for the weekend after all.  The blizzard warning for our part of the state convinced us that would be the best option.  After doing some research online I discovered many shops and restaurants up near Breezy Point are closed for the winter season and with outdoor activities being severely limited we decided "what's the point?"   It is pretty nasty out there right now.  We have lots of wind and enough snow so that we can't see across the lake.  I'm going to try to finish reading Plain Truth and start Joy Luck Club for Book Club.  Plain Truth is getting pretty drawn out and I still have a good chunk to go.  It's a 400 pg book and I'm on 250.   Dan just read Into The Wild after seeing the movie this week out in SF.  He loved the book and the movie.  Anyone else read that one?  I will eventually since we have it now.
What is everyone else doing on this wintery weekend?  

4 comments:

Shari said...

We wondered if you'd go. We saw that you were getting some bad weather. It's really windy and snowing here. Kayla & Ellen are playing Guitar Hero. I just did a workout dvd. After I take a shower Carly and I are going to make valentine cards for her ECFE class.

Anonymous said...

We're glad you decided to stay home. Is Dan home for the week of his birthday or in the Cities? I'll bet you are glad your fireplace is working again!? Stay warm! Ann

the tattered nest said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! the mall with the fireplace is the Eden Prairie Center here in Minnesota! We love it there, great food, nice fireplace and a really nice play area for the kiddies! stay warm and Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Gail

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Dan liked both the book and the movie. We now use that book in our 10th grade classes and it has been a real success. I think Sean Penn really stayed true to the story and I like the artistic way in which he made the movie. I'll look forward to talking to Dan about it. Laurie, you should read it. It's fast. Nancy