Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yeah February!

I'm so glad January is behind us.  I was very dismayed to hear that we have yet another cold snap ahead of us this weekend.  We're using our free vacation from the cabin purchase this weekend up in Breezy Point.  Shari, Paul and kids were going to join us but changed their minds due to the forecast.  Very understandable as it will prevent many of the outdoor activities that we planned.  Even shopping is not as much fun when you're hopping in and out of a cold car.   We still plan to go and my plan is to crank up the heat and keep their fireplace running while I drink wine and read some magazines and books.  We're only using 3 days of a 7 day free lodging coupon.  We couldn't find anything(very limited options) else so decided just to use it up in Mn instead of letting the expiration date run out.    It looks like a nice cozy cabin so I'm looking forward to our little get-away.  
We have conferences on Thursday night and again on Monday.  Then we get a 4 day weekend with President's day and our comp day!  Since we haven't had a snow day we get to keep Pres. Day off.  We don't build snow days in anymore which puzzles me, especially since we don't have a spring break.  I feel like we're being punished if we have a snow day.  We lose Easter Monday if we have a snow day after President's Day.  Isn't that nice?  We like early outs and late starts at my school.  :)    It's that crabby time of year at my school where everyone who goes some place warm for awhile comes back refreshed, tan & happy.  Those of us who aren't going anywhere warm just get crankier.    I am happy that I am going somewhere this weekend even if it is further north instead of south.  Have a good rest of the week!  ~Laurie

No comments: