Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Andrew Zimmern

Did you catch Andrew Zimmern's Strange Foods in Minnesota on Tuesday night?   The lutefisk dinner in Cyrus was featured close to the beginning.  Did you see Harold Kjeldahl right away?Margaret was just barely in there.  There were many others but it was neat to see Mom and Dad's neighbor right off the bat.  Pastor Smith who married Nancy and David stood right in line with Andrew.  There were lots of folks I recognized and I will have to go back and watch it later so I can freeze the frames and search the crowd.  The whole show was very interesting, fun and a nice look at our state.  Was that Marilyn Syverson from Morris teaching him how to polka?  It also looks like Jere Solvie dined right next to him.

6 comments:

jen said...

Hi Laurie,
I did watch the show last night, but missed the beginning. I thought the part on the White Earth Reservation was very interesting:)

Laurie said...

Did you miss the section about Cyrus?

jen said...

Not all of it...I saw the polka dancing. I had a school board meeting last night. We'll have to watch it with you the next time we get together.

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome show and they repeated it again right away.
It looked like he had a great time in Cyrus--should have a had a boot though!
The food he ate at the State Fair looked good--very interesting show.
The State Tourism people should be all over it!!!

Ted

Anonymous said...

I thought the entire episode was great - it made me think that our family should rethink going to Wisconsin Dells and head up to Grand Marais this summer.

I loved the section on Cyrus and showed it to my class the next day. I was impressed with the number of Scandinavian sweaters worn by the people in Cyrus. And how cute was Harold in his Norwegian hat? That was probably my favorite thing in the episode.

Shari

Anonymous said...

I was proud of my hometown. It's interesting that the guy who loved eating pig brains and pig testicles didn't seem to like the lutefisk:)! Nancy