Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another Bird Sighting!

I saw my first Great Blue Heron of the 2008 season.  I just read in the Strib that they usually come back in March but thought with all the ice they may be delayed.   Well, there it was near the open culvert water just as you turn onto the Golf Course Road from 79.   I spied another robin near our house today today too, only the second one so far.
Chilly and gray here today.  I'm making my easy tetrazzini and carrot cake.   Mom shared a recipe with me so I'm giving it a try.  
Another sign of spring....the Twins opener is Monday night, 6:05!!!

4 comments:

jen said...

Hi Laurie!
Would you please send me your carrot cake recipe or post it on the blog? That sounds wonderful, my favorite:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious.We have a snow day today.School was called off at 9. I wasn't planning to go anyway.Just too tired.Need to put away my Easter stuff.Thanks for coming for Easter and all the things you brought, That was great.

Anonymous said...

Jen, if Laurie hasn't shared her carrot cake recipe with you, here is a link to popular cooking website. I thought this carrot cake recipe looked pretty easy and if I liked carrot cake, I'd probably try making it. I've made a couple other recipes from this site and they've been really good.

Shari

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/03/sigrids-carrot-cake-perfect-for-easter/

jen said...

Thanks, Shari!