Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tribute to Jon Hassler


The Literature Lovers (my book club) met today to discuss Staggerford by Mn author Jon Hassler.  Sadly, Jon Hassler passed away last Friday after a long struggle with Parkinsons.   If you haven't read any of his books you should try Staggerford as it was his first and introduces you to some characters such as Agatha McGee who is a prominent character in my favorite Hassler books Dear James and A Green Journey.  Despite his illness, he wrote up until the last days before his death.  I read that it is an autobiographical novel, Jay O'Malley.  That will make it a very interesting read whenever it's published.  Jon Hassler is one of my favorite authors and I look forward to reading the few that I have yet to read.   Thanks for the great stories Mr. Hassler!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The Love Hunter" was the first Jon Hassler book I read and I think it was my favorite.

Shari