Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas baking

I don't have any new pictures to show you, so here are some I've collected on the web. In the last couple of years I haven't done a lot of baking but with yesterday's cold weather it just seemed like time. Yesterday, I made Russian Tea Cakes and Peanut Star Blossoms. I thought the Blossoms were Dan's favorites, but he informed me he has a new favorite...Shari's mint cookies. Luckily, they aren't too difficult to make. Tonight, I made Pecan Tassies. I love them but now remember how tedious they are, especially to get out of their little tins. I got about a dozen out and the rest need to cool more-at least I hope that does the trick.
I have had a lot of meetings lately. Today, I started and ended my day with one. We have a reading comprehension group that has been meeting all fall and I think we are almost done. It has been a very worthwhile way to spend my time, we're not getting paid but can get cont. ed. clock hours for it.
I love this black hutch. I have thoughts about painting our white pine hutch but am chicken, plus like Dan reminds me, there's plenty of other painting to do around here.
I like the white pottery pictured here. This summer I picked up a bunch of neat white pieces (most were Haagar) at a rummage sale up in Hibbing-dirt cheap-fun!!
Besides baking, I actually made a craft recently too! Remember those little notepads I posted a week or so ago? I bought a six pack at Wal-Mart and found some pretty scrap paper-very easy and it felt so good to do a project again that wasn't house related. Besides that, I've been doing a little more Christmas decorating and continue to clean up and reorganize remodel piles.

School is going fine. The good days outnumber the bad and I am finding ways to reduce my paper work. On Friday, we will find out if a certain child in my room will get the help he needs, if not, I may need a very long term sub. There are only 10 days 'til Christmas break-but who's counting?!???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to make those mint cookies too. They are my new favorite - great with a glass of milk or cup of coffee.

I've often wondered how my tv armoire would look if it were black. I think it'd be awesome.

At school we are getting ready for our big Christmas show. It's going to be another great one. My students are a game show audience and we've been pumping them up to be excited when they sing.

Shari

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

Can I get the recipe for the mint cookies?