Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Countertops!!




We put these hunter green laminate counters in the first year we lived here. Royce put them in for us in fact. I have always been very happy with them. They were in very good shape and it seemed a shame to part with them.
However, I am totally in love with my new counters, ugly backsplash and all!
When we ordered these, we were able to get a free sink and counter edge upgrade. We did a beveled edge and chose a large single sink. Not sure if I'll miss the double sink-ask me in a couple of months.
So, now tell me what you think we should do for the tile backsplash? We have a couple ideas, one is an off white subway tile-nice and simple. Another idea is to go with a smoky grayish brown glass tile-not too dark. I will have to research kitchen photo's online this week. Also, any tips on hiding ugly cords on your countertops? My old method was to put vintage trays up around the perimeter but I'd like a cleaner look now.

No comments: