Monday, December 28, 2009

A project for you...

Take a big ugly picture-one with no glass...
cover with pretty paper you like.
(I used glue/water)
I was going to use this as an inspiration or photo board upstairs in my craft room but decided it would look pretty right here with one of my saved calendar pictures.
I applied the water/glue solution over the top and probably will add another coat. I will not glue the butterfly picture in case I want to change that or use it for a photo board later. It was a fun way to use some of my scrapbook paper, especially since I don't scrapbook!

I spent almost the entire day yesterday cleaning and reorganizing the craft room upstairs. I can now call it a craft room and not a junk room. I'd say it is 90% finished and that is a great feeling!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan must be so happy with you. how many trips did you make to the bargain bazaar? Kris

Laurie said...

Just one, but my trunk was full! I took a final look through closets this morning and managed to come up with some more. I hope bib overalls don't come back into style anytime soon. I donated two pair. Cropped bib overalls...what was I thinking?!?

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

You are so talented! Love the photo redo!

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice, Laurie! We brought a couple boxes over to Goodwill earlier this week - I cleaned out a bunch of stuff from my entry closet. I should get going on a couple more, but don't really feel like it.

One episode of "What Not to Wear" really ripped on the bib overalls. I am guilty of owning a few pairs, but I no longer have them either.

It's crazy cold here.

Shari