Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First Robin 2010!

There were two males chirping away in my yard this morning. What a great way to start the day. Not too many people around here are reporting them but I heard Jan Nelson saw her first one today too. I miss comparing spring birds with you, Jan!
My head is full of flower gardening plans. I think my color scheme for planters and boxes will be red and shades of pink this year.
Speaking of birds, isn't this a great collage of pictures? I have a gorgeous bird print from Charice hanging in our bathroom but the humidity is making it curl a bit so I will have to find a new spot for it. It looked so pretty against the blue too.
Aren't these little guys darling? Love that teacup too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard and saw my first Robin this am also. what a nice sound. Kris

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,
We've had a "flock" of about 6-9 robins on the septic mound for over a week now. It's a little creepy, they are all over the place! Jimmer is hoping they don't nest on the brick ledge outside our bedroom window again this year, but Sam is hoping they DO! :)