Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bird Central

It's been Bird Central around here this weekend and especially today. Yesterday, I saw the first hummingbird-a male as usual. Today, there have been at least two buzzing around. I saw the male grosbeak, a redstart, plenty of yellow warblers, house wrens and was very surprised to see a red breasted nuthatch stop for a drink at the bird bath. I see them once every year or two, sometimes longer stretches. They are darling little birds, about the size of a chickadee but more slender. I think I heard a cardinal this morning. It's very fun to see all these birds back and feels more like summer now.

1 comment:

Karen Larson said...

I was just wondering last night if it was to early to put out the hummingbird feeder. Now I know my answer. I have busy this past week with my new(used) garden shed. I love it and can't wait to get the landscaping done. All in time I guess. After all Rome was not built in a day either.