Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Party!

A neighbor dog came over to join the guys' section.

We had a retirement party for my coworker Mary here on Friday night. We lucked out totally with the weather as it was the first warm, sunny day after a long cold wet spell. Everyone was so happy just to be outside and relax & celebrate at the end of a busy (dreary) week. We had 45 people attend. The party began at 4 and the last group left just after midnight. We had a bonfire at dusk and I learned that wet wood will indeed burn if hot enough.

Dan-the Grillmaster
We fired up the old barbeque for the old fashioned hotdogs. Dan is wearing his favorite Captiva shirt, Shari.

The back of the firepit works great as a bar.

I made rhubarb punch and it was very yummy, if I do say so myself.
I'm making another batch for the retirement party this Friday at Jan's for Jana.

1 comment:

Karen Larson said...

I just came across a recipe for rhubarb juice. Going to have to give it a try.