Sunday, May 9, 2010

Jackson-Mother's Day

Dan and Darlene on Mother's Day!
We had a very nice time down in Jackson this weekend. We drove down from Mpls on Saturday, arrived in Jackson mid afternoon, and stayed til Sunday afternoon. The Twins game we had tickets for on Friday night, which was the first game in Target Field to be called on account of the weather, were used by Dan's coworker Keith and his wife on Sat evening. Tim and Emily met us for dinner on Friday night and that was a lot of fun. So we watched the Sat. game from Jim and Darlene's warm living room instead which was a very nice Plan B! Earlier, we had dinner at Pizza Ranch and then went for a fun drive all around town, a drive down memory lane you might say and a chance to see all the new changes in town. Jim made his famous bacon and eggs for breakfast on Sunday and it wasn't long before we were dining on Darlene's famous chicken and rice. That's right Jen, your favorite! It's Dans too! :) Darlene's perennials look wonderful and I was able to dig up a few things to bring back to my garden. Thanks again, Darlene. I also bought a few herbs from the local nursery(they had a great selection) to get my gardening off for the season. Can't wait! It looks like 4 more days of cold and then we'll warm up again. I'm hosting a retirement party at the cabin on Friday after school so we'd appreciate a little warmth, otherwise it's at the house and I will be forced to clean. :( Have a great week, everyone! Happy Mother's Day to my own mother, Lorraine!

3 comments:

jen said...

It looks like you had a nice time in Jackson! I'm so jealous that you had chicken and rice, that is definitely my favorite:)

Danette Fettig Halloran said...

So nice to see Dan and his family Mike says hello! We can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Tell Dan that I'll trade him a Hawaiian print shirt from a thrift shop for his Twins shirt. Paul's mom made the best chicken & rice. I wonder if Darlene's is like hers.

Shari