Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saturday Sales

There were quite a few rummage sales in town on Saturday. One sale in particular was very good, an elderly lady who was quite a collector was selling everything. The sale began on Friday but they kept adding new items so even on Sat we scored. These red plastic shoes fit and are perfect outdoor shoes-super comfy for 25 cents. The basket belonged to her mother and is 75-100 years old-$1!!! Basket on left is from Shirley's sale, going in the pantry. Ribbon-25 cents.
A robin nest box for $2, that I will use as a feeder, unless someone makes a nest in it. Speaking of birds, I saw the first hummingbird and house wren of the season yesterday. This morning, I had a female grosbeak eating bugs of the hummingbird feeder. The orioles arrived this week too.
Stuff for my classroom. The "paint your own Tshirt" is going to Jana this week for her "art extravaganza" retirement party. The trolls are going to my coworker who makes statues out of them for the Flekkefest run. 4 for a quarter!
This is my favorite find of the day for 10 cents, a sweet Kerr jelly jar. It has little feet and the red tin cover is mint! I have never seen one like this before-have you??
This narrow shelf fit nicely in the pantry and gives me extra storage! It was 50 cents!! I picked up a metal one for the garage for $2. Isn't rummaging fun!!!!!

4 comments:

Karen L said...

I really should start again....it has been years since I have gone to garage sales. I have a friend who is an avid "saler". She likes to come to Evansville over the 4th so I usually tag along with her.

Love the jelly jar. I could come over with some homemade rhubarb jam for an even up trade! :)

Laurie said...

That is tempting, Karen, but I am pretty fond of that jar. I'm surprised to hear you haven't rummaged in years, it's a great way to recycle!

Anonymous said...

My good garage sale find was a tiny little Tupperware container that is perfect for putting a serving of peanut butter in. I used to use a plastic sandwich bag, now I have a little orange tub. I used it at lunch today. I got it out of a free box.

Shari

Laurie said...

Do you have toast with peanut butter at school? Those little ones are handy, nice for salad dressing too.