Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snowy Sunday

Here's the well fed, clean up crew.

Lots of activity at the feeder this weekend, mainly chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, cardinals, juncos, sparrows and goldfinches.  I thought I saw the ever elusive rusty nuthatch but I can't be sure.  I've been worried about them because they don't seem very wary around the feeders and we've had wild cats hanging out, not in this snow however.  There were chickadee feathers by the garage feeder a couple weeks ago so I stopped feeding near trees where the cats can hide and surprise.
I used the photo booth feature to show you a summer rummage sale find.  This is a handmade shrug that I bought for $1 at Juliette Jeurgenson's sale in Cyrus.  She said it belonged to her mother in law who was the maker and that she wore it often.  I think it would make her happy to know that it is keeping someone else cozy and didn't end up in the trash.  It's basically a tube with cuffs.  I use a little barrette clipped at the neck to keep it from sliding off my shoulders.  Somebody in my family asked when I bought it if I would actually wear it and yes I think I will.   Aren't you impressed that I showered yesterday and curled my hair on our snow day?  I'm not taking any pictures this morning!  :)
I just noticed that we have fish-houses on the lake!  There's a 4 wheeler out there too.  It seems like we just brought the dock in.  I guess that's what makes Mn interesting.  Shari should be able to use her snowshoes up north and maybe I'll use the cross country skiis today, just at the shore mind you or along the road.  I don't trust the lake yet.  Otherwise our agenda is to watch the Vikings, do laundry, shovel/blow snow, and maybe do some baking.   Dan would like that. I made a pork roast, mashed potatoes, squash & green beans last night for dinner and we'll have left overs for lunch today.  I made a frozen pizza yesterday instead of soup and melts. Maybe soup will be good tonight.   Okay, time to get productive.   Have a good day and enjoy the pretty landscape out there!  Laurie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Laurie, Just a note. Our yard is packed with snow. It always waits for Gary to go. Thank heavens for 4 wheel drive. Our feeders have been crazy too. I have the largest assortment of woodpeckers ever this year and we actually have a few of the Huge Pilliated(sp) ones. also a rather medium /large pair with really red heads. very pretty. We don't get any cardinals, but I do really enjoy the bluejays and finches. I got 3 quilts stitched this weekend. Just have bindings to put on them now. Hate that part. Gave a great week. Kris

the tattered nest said...

yes, my wish came true...but I don't think we got as much snow as you did. We got about five inches. It sure sets the Christmas mood! Jan.1st it can all melt!

Anonymous said...

Laurie,

Thanks for the christmas stocking, bib and socks. I'll bring it to grandma and grampas for santa. We took a christmas photo after the snow and went to walmart yesterday evening to make a card. Otherwise I've just been hanging out with dad in the shop and giving him a hard time once in a while. See you soon.

Shari said...

I think I was the one who said, "Are you really going to wear that?"

We've got at least a foot of snow up here. It's really pretty. I'm hoping to get out on my snowshoes soon. We have enough snow for it.