Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nothing happening at the house

Big Kitty is just fine with that!

It's been over a week since anyone has been here to do anything in the house. There are still a lot of loose ends however, such as the fact that there is no toilet or shower in the bath, no electric units in the boxes and more.... I've been keeping busy turning the upstairs storage room into a usable craft area. The new closet is actually storing my clothes in an organized manner so there is some progress going on. We're looking forward to getting the washer and dryer upstairs, hopefully in November?!??
It's the last quarter at school and I have been super busy every evening scheduling conferences, grading, posting grades, new seating charts, reading comments for 6th graders I will not conference with. It's a little overwhelming but I'm just doing as much as I can and will have a glass of wine tonight when I'm finished. Tomorrow is book club for the first time in about 5 months. We're reorganizing. I'd better get back to posting some grades.
One more thing, my coworker figured out that if we counted all the papers we have for both grades in reading, spelling, language & social studies, it would be about 1,000 per week!! Yikes-no wonder I have cut down on them. That is just plain crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie,
Welcome to the Middle School life! I see 128 kids a day for Science, plus another 15 - 25 for study hall. This week there will be 4 assignments to grade x 128 kids, plus late and missing assignments as the quarter ends,and I'm going to be wishing for wine too! :)