Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another weekend?!

Wow, considering I haven't done a huge amount, the week is still flying by! Here's an updated picture of my sink. I realize I have been taking a lot of window sill pictures but I thought you might like to see the change of seasons through my window bouquets too. We went out for breakfast this morning at Perkins and Harold and Elaine came in right after us so we ate with them. That was a nice surprise. Fergus Wal-mart is having their grand opening next Wednesday and the grocery is store is very attractive I must say. IT's all set up but empty in the bakery, deli and produce. I've been avoiding the store all summer as they have been in a very messy transition but thought it would be safe now and it was.
I made another batch of biscotti tonight, haven't done that in awhile. I also used my new pizza peel for a frozen pizza and that worked pretty slick. I scooped it right off the rack and sliced it on the board. Maybe someday I will use it for homemade. :) Have a good weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I didn't know that FF Walmart was expanding. Maybe that will make the other 2 grocery stores get their prices in line. I have always thought they were expensive-(not that I shop there much)

I like seeing your sink pictures. When we put in new windows I specifically asked for deep sills so I could use it for display.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!
It looks a little smaller than Alex but the display is nicer, the bakery, deli and produce have their own distinct areas and are full of baskets and very attractive stands. It's very spacious looking too. Alex is always so crowded so we stop at Sauk Centre sometimes. The Fergus store will be very convenient for me. I think the other stores in Fergus are very expensive too and rarely shop there. I'm pretty faithful to Deans!
Laurie
PS Thanks for your sink comment!

Anonymous said...

We used our pizza peel to make pizzas on the grill last night. I do little grocery shopping at Walmart. Super One in Hibbing is such a nice grocery store that I can't see cheating on them. I'm faithful too.
Shari

Anonymous said...

Shari, the Super Walmart in Hibbing was the first one I had ever been in. I remember Ellen liked to see the lobsters. I don't think they carry them anymore, their container is gone in Alex.
LS