Monday, July 19, 2010

Kids & Flowers

Royce and family were here last Saturday. Grant surprised us when he crawled into Chip's crate and closed the door. He was quite pleased with himself! I had plenty of time to get the camera and start shooting.
Gracie, not to be outdone, crawled in next.

The kids barely had 30 mn to play before the storm hit, but they made the most of it. Isn't that quite the mischievous smile? They are 3 years and 22 months and full of action-very sweet kids!
This photo shows some of the herbs I have on my deck. The basil is doing very well. I'm going to try pesto this week for the very first time.
The impatiens around the house are doing well, luckily the rabbits do not seem interested in them. My petunias are another story! I love this double blossom variety-like little roses.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I have done pesto in the past and froze it in ice cube trays. It is great to have in the winter to throw into a dish.

Currently I am waiting patiently for the tomatoes to ripen so I can make caprese salad.

Last night I made a watermelon gazpacho. I loved it. Jeffrey even like it!

Anonymous said...

Seems like just yesterday that Alex and Nicole, Megan, and Danielle were crawling into Yogi's dog crate and getting their pictures taken too... and then just recently Jamie crawled into the bigger kennel with Jack! What is it about doggie crates that fascinate kids? Too funny!!