Monday, November 22, 2010

Decorating Outside

This year Mother Nature helped me out with the outdoor decor and I'm not talking about the sparkling snow that we currently have-very pretty in the moonlight by the way. The 60 mph winds that we had in October blew about 6 large limbs from the big pine next to our house so I used that to fill window boxes. I filled the big window boxes in the new bathroom for the very first time and that's pretty to look out at from that room. Then I noticed that one of the cabin neighbors trimmed their blue spruce evergreens so I added a little variety from that. I filled up a wheelbarrow again yesterday and brought over to our neighbors to the East for their outdoor containers too.
Is anyone else disappointed with their Christmas lights-interior specifically? Half a strip goes out or the entire thing and they're less than a couple of years old. Last year I threw out some and this year had to throw two more. I read that Ace Hardware will take them but I just wanted them out of the house. They used to last a very long time-ah the good old days. Think I will look at the BB tomorrow for some good old and cheap ones!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I used the good weather last week to get that done also. One time I bought "tree tops" in Alex only to discover that they were nothing more than branches trimmed from evergreens. With about 50 spruce and cedar trees to choose from in our yard I can trim all I want and not hurt any of them. Love the picture. I should see if I can find an old metal bucket to fill with greens for the entry or something.