Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Country Living
Is your Christmas tree up yet? I put mine up a little early this year on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The Vikings were losing and I was in the mood so why not. I used mainly all vintage glass ornaments and snowflakes this year, so it's an old fashioned tree-no big surprise. I'll take a picture later. I was dismayed to find that 3 more strings of lights were no longer working or only half lit this year. I threw them out and decided to check out the Bargain Bazaar for some old lights that might actually work. I got two strings with pine-cone lights, one is out on the kitchen window box and two 100 light sets that have programmable lights. One has 10 options and that one is on the tree; I love changing it. It's a nice change from steady lights. I spent a total of $3.50 on 4 sets of lights, now we'll see how long they last.

No comments: