Sunday, November 14, 2010

Read this if you get a chance...

One of my 5th graders donated this book to my classroom library and I read it this weekend, in about 2 hours. Once I started, I could not put it down. Who would think that an adult would care so much about what happens to a china rabbit?! This is the same Mn author who wrote Because of Winn Dixie and Tiger Rising. She has others that I have yet to read. Winn Dixie is probably my favorite read aloud and we are currently reading it in class. I look forward to it every year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam and I are reading "The Magician's Elephant", I finished it but Sam needs to keep going. Another excellent book by a MN author. Matthew had the good fortune to meet her at the Young Author's conference many years ago. She's awesome!
SS

Karen said...

Happy to see your post. I was wondering what happened to you.

Emmy Cat said...

What about "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" ? I think that is pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I think "How to Steal a Dog" is my favorite read aloud. Lots of things to think about. I just ordered a few more copies so that I have enough for all the kids in my class. We just finished "Dear Mr. Henshaw." That has always been a favorite of mine.
Shari

Laurie said...

I need to read The Magician's Elephant, my fifth graders tell me it's good. I love reading How To Steal a Dog too and use it as a novel unit. I think my kids will really like it this year. I used it with 6th last year.