Thursday, November 18, 2010

What I'm Reading...

I just got my hands on The Help yesterday and can't wait to start. It's the December book club selection. I know that Shari, Ellen and Nancy have read it and Mom is just about to. Everyone I've talked to loves this this book with the exception of one person who said it was just okay. It's getting rave reviews on Amazon.
Speaking of rave reviews...I'm halfway through this Fannie Flagg novel which also averages 4 1/2 stars on Amazon. My club was searching for a good Christmas read and I am recommending this one. I can't wait to get in bed in a few minutes and continue reading. Speaking of books, John Coy, a Mn author is visiting my classroom all morning tomorrow-my kids are very excited. He writes a lot of sports books for middle and high school. He speaks about getting boys to read and was in Alex last night. I wonder what he'll think about my classroom library-I think I have it stocked well for boys and the girls too. Finding books for my classroom is one of my favorite hobbies now. I might need to invest in shelves soon!
Good night-I'm off to read. :)
Oh, one funny thing to share, one of my boys said we should greet John Coy at the door like the limousine drivers do at the airport with their little signs, so we're doing that. I'll try to get a picture-I thought it was a fun idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not read The Help yet. I've heard a lot of really good things. I'm reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen and am really liking it. Hope to get The Help soon though...

Anonymous said...

You'll enjoy "The Help." It's being made into a movie and will be out next year. The whole time I was reading it I was thinking it'd be a great movie.

Shari