Monday, August 23, 2010

August Finds


I made my first purchase at a pawn shop. It was up in Hibbing. I didn't know if you could deal or not and the owner said that was protocol so he asked for 5 and I countered with 4 and he took it. This basket is old and super functional. I would have paid $5 for it too. Hmmm, a whole new world.
This 5 inch metal tray was found at a Hibbing rummage sale for 50 cents. I have never seen anything like this and I just love it.
The cardinal thermometer came from a sale down the road. It was an estate sale where nothing was marked, you just made an offer on your total items. It worked for me. This will go down at the cabin once it is calibrated correctly.
This is the THIRD globe I have purchased this summer, one from Hibbing, one down the road and another at Flekkefest. $1.50 is what I paid for the most expensive and the least at 50 cents glows when you plug it in. Two went to my classroom and I use some at home too. Globes are popular at Pottery Barn this fall season. They are asking $38 for their reproductions. These are much nicer.
Here's the other one.

No comments: