Thursday, August 26, 2010

Open House

This picture has nothing to do with Open House, but I like it, so I'm using it. If you know me, you know why I like it.
We had Open House tonight and I had 23/24 attend! How often does that happen?? And to be fair, the missing family met with me earlier this week so it's really 100%. We had orientation on Monday and I came home so happy because my first impressions were so positive. Tonight just reinforced those feelings. Tonight I feel like this could actually be my best year ever! Isn't that a great feeling to have before school begins? There's a lot of positive energy running through our school this year and I can't explain it but it feels good. Maybe it's because we all made AYP last year! Yeah, for WCA! I hope that all the educators in my family have a fantastic year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. I just had lunch at a friend's on Tuesday. She got out her vintage dishes and serving pieces. It was so neat to see the table set that way. I am so glad your school year sounds so promising. You deserve it. Have a great year! Ann

Karen said...

Love the photo also.

BECKY said...

Hi Laurie. I don't know how I stumbled across your blog, but I obviously was meant to stop here! I noticed 2 of your favorite books are also mine; Secret Life of Bees, and The Cape Ann!! And since The Cape Ann is not exactly a book that any of my friends have ever heard of, or read, then I'd say you and I must be kindred spirits of some sort! I also love the photo you posted of the beautiful china. If you have a moment, please stop by my blog, too. Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful week!